Policies and Terms of Service
Updated January 20th 2009
Dedicated Gamers, Inc. and its affiliates, hereafter referred to as Dedicated Gamers, provide technical, electronic and other services. Internet Services provided by Dedicated Gamers, hereafter referred to as the Services, are provided under the following Terms of Service agreement.
Short & sweet version:
Unsolicited or Commercial Bulk Email Policy: If you send unsolicited e-mail or post excessive Usenet messages promoting your site, business, or opportunity, or cause responses from such e-mail message or posting to be directed to your mailbox at Dedicated Gamers facilities, your server, your site, account, etc. will be deleted or taken off-line without warning. We will also bill you for the services you use while sending such messages, the time required to clean up any mess that you make, and any legal fees or other costs we incur while dealing with the incident.
Free Speech Policy: We don't really care about what you send in e-mail, or what you put on your web pages. But, material that is deemed to be grossly offensive, including clear expressions of bigotry, racism, or hatred, will not be tolerated.
Piracy: We will not tolerate the use of our services to promote software piracy.
Pornography: We don’t want it on our network.
The full version:
Dedicated Gamers, Inc. and its Affiliates (Dedicated Gamers) offer a number of Internet-related services. It is contrary to our policy for any user of any of these services to take part in any of the following activities through a Dedicated Gamers provided service:
- To post a single article or advertisement to more than ten (10) Usenet or other newsgroups, forums, email mailing lists or other similar groups or lists;
- To post to any Usenet or other newsgroup, forum, email mailing list or other similar group or list articles which are off-topic according to the charter or other owner-published FAQ or description of the group or list;
- To send unsolicited mass email to more than twenty-five (25) email users, causing such unsolicited email to provoke complaints from any of the recipients;
- To engage in any of the foregoing activities using the service of another provider, but channeling such activities through a Dedicated Gamers account or with a Dedicated Gamers account as a maildrop for responses;
- To use the dedicatedgamers.com domain name or the domain name of any Dedicated Gamers affiliates to advertise any Dedicated Gamers website or service via Unsolicted Commercial Bulk Email as defined above.
Dedicated Gamers considers the above practices to constitute abuse of its service and of the recipients of such unsolicited mailings and/or postings, who often bear the expense. Therefore, these practices are prohibited by Dedicated Gamers's terms and conditions of service. Engaging in any of these practices will result in termination of the offender's account and/or access to Dedicated Gamers services. In addition, Dedicated Gamers reserves the right, where feasible, to implement technical mechanisms which block multiple postings as described above before they are forwarded. This policy addresses only the kinds of network abuse specifically enumerated above. In addition to these activities, Dedicated Gamers's terms and conditions of service also prohibit other forms of abuse such as harassment and the posting of illegal or unlawful materials, and Dedicated Gamers will respond as appropriate to these other activities as well. Nothing contained in this policy shall be construed to limit Dedicated Gamers's actions or remedies in any way with respect to any of the foregoing activities, and Dedicated Gamers reserves the right to take any and all additional actions it may deem appropriate with respect to such activities, including without limitation taking action to recover the costs and expenses of identifying offenders and removing them from use of Dedicated Gamers services. In addition, Dedicated Gamers reserves at all times all rights and remedies available to it with respect to such activities at law or in equity. By use of the Services, you agree to use the Services in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations and in accordance with the terms and conditions outlined below.
Dedicated Gamers is not responsible for the content of any homepage, and the views expressed are the responsibility of the Customer and not Dedicated Gamers. Dedicated Gamers does not review Web pages in any way before they appear on the Services. Dedicated Gamers reserves the right to remove any page from the Services at any time without notice.
Dedicated Gamers provides space for Web Pages & Services but makes no implied or express warranties about the reliability of these pages. Dedicated Gamers is not responsible for any damage caused by loss of access to, or deletion or alteration of web pages; individual Clients are responsible for monitoring and creating backups of their pages.
The following is a non-exclusive list of actions and content that are not permitted on the Services:
- Any use of copyrighted material without the express permission of the author or owner.
- Pages that exploit the images of anyone under the age of 18.
- Pornography in any shape or form.
- Gambling or related software, services or products in any shape or form.
- Material that we deem to be grossly offensive, including clear expressions of bigotry, racism, or hatred.
- Messages, web pages, or communications of any kind that promote illegal activity.
- Material that defames, abuses or threatens others.
- Making available copyrighted software, which has been “cracked” - i.e., the copyright protection has been removed from the software.
- Making available serial numbers for software which can be used to illegally validate or register software;
- Making available tools which can be used for no purpose other than for "cracking" software.
Client agrees to indemnify Dedicated Gamers and any third-party information providers against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising from the Client's use of the Services. This expressly includes: (i) Client's responsibility for any and all liability arising from the violation or infringement of proprietary rights or copyrights and (ii) any libelous or unlawful material contained within Client's Web Page or other portion of the Services.
Termination of Service
Dedicated Gamers may terminate any and all information, communications, Postings, or Web Pages at any time, without notice, for conduct that violates these Terms or other policies or guidelines set out by Dedicated Gamers elsewhere on the Services. Dedicated Gamers may terminate and delete any and all information, communications, Postings, or Web Pages for online conduct that Dedicated Gamers believes is harmful to other Clients, the business of Dedicated Gamers, or other third-party information providers.
Fees for unsolicited commercial e-mail Dedicated Gamers will apply the following charges to unsolicited commercial e-mail that passes through the Services.
- For each Unsolicited Commercial E-Mail message received at the Services: $50 per copy
- For each Unsolicited Commercial E-Mail sent via the Services: $100 per copy
- Cleanup charge for service termination related to Unsolicited Commercial E-Mail: $1000 per incident
- Administrative charge for redirection of “remove me” or other “abuse” messages related to forged headers in Unsolicited Commercial E-Mail: $100 per message
- We will also charge for any legal fees or other costs we incur while dealing with the incident.
Choice of Law
This Agreement shall be construed and controlled by the laws of the State of Kansas, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. The laws of the State of Kansas will govern any dispute arising hereunder. The Client agrees to personal jurisdiction by the State and Federal courts of the State of Kansas.
If you have any questions regarding the information on this page please contact email@example.com. You may also wish to view our Electronic Services Agreement HostingAgreement.